By Zhenhua Zhou
A learn on Globalizing Cities is the newest masterpiece by way of Zhou Zhenhua, a recognized chinese language economist, who heavily tracks the theoretical examine of worldwide towns and is actively engaged within the strategic study of Shanghai's development.
With wealthy empirical facts and an in-depth research, this ebook is of serious theoretical and sensible value. assorted from experiences on international towns via well known western students, this e-book extends its point of view to globalizing towns. It explores a different improvement version for China's globalizing towns by way of adopting an artistic perspective of statement and analytical tools. via criticizing that the normal international urban idea derives the common sense kinfolk of world towns without delay from globalization, Mr Zhou places ahead the idea that of globalization urban, that's brought as a brand new intermediate explanatory variable. extra importantly, this ebook emphasizes that the construction of world towns isn't just depending on the distribution of city house and concrete monetary improvement but in addition on accomplished development of a number of constructions and features of cities.
- Literature Review
- Globalization, Informatization, and the switch of the realm urban System
- Global urban Networks and Their Nodes
- Regions of world towns: a brand new Spatial Structure
- Rise of worldwide towns: Prerequisite and Positioning Strategic Target
- Path Dependence of Globalizing Cities
- Relations of festival and Cooperation in the course of the upward push of worldwide Cities
- Strategy orientated by means of stream growth and Its improvement Mode
- Industrial Base of the best provider Economy
- Evolution of Spatial constitution of Globalizing Cities
- Creative towns and Cultural Creativity
- Systemic Framework of City's Governing Structure
Readership: Undergraduates, graduates, lecturers, economists, urbanologists, sociologists, and municipal governors who're attracted to globalization and China's city development.
Read or Download A Study on Globalizing Cities:Theoretical Frameworks and China's Modes PDF
Similar globalisation books
Twenty-first century Latin the United States is wealthy in heritage, tradition, and political and social experimentation. during this interesting and insightful research, Gian Luca Gardini seems at modern advancements at 3 interconnected degrees. on the country point, leaders similar to Morales and Chavez include a renewed highbrow autonomy, whereas revealing major gaps among their rhetoric and their motion.
Essay aus dem Jahr 2004 im Fachbereich Politik - Internationale Politik - Thema: Globalisierung, pol. Ökonomie, Freie Universität Berlin (Otto-Suhr-Institut; Prof. Elmar Altvater), Veranstaltung: Internationale politische Ökonomie, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Durch die Möglichkeit, Sonnenenergie in geldwerten elektrischen Strom zu verwandeln, der in die nationalen, interkontinentalen bzw.
Arguing that ethnicity and multiculturalism are crucial for realizing globalization, Jan Nederveen Pieterse bargains one of many first sustained remedies of the achieve of those key forces past a restricted nationwide context. He exhibits that multiethnicity preceded the geographical region via millennia; yet argues that states, feeling the risk to their nationwide identities, search to manage or suppress it.
Brazil’s smooth energy route to significant strength prestige. the biggest nation in South the United States by means of land mass and inhabitants, Brazil has been marked considering its independence by means of a trust that it has the aptitude to play a huge position at the worldwide degree. Set except the remainder of the hemisphere via tradition, language, and background, Brazil has additionally been considered through its acquaintances as a possible nice energy and, every now and then, a chance.
- Labor, Globalization and the State: Workers, Women and Migrants Confront Neoliberalism (Routledge Contemporary South Asia Series)
- Social Justice and Increasing Global Destitution
- Dilemmas of a Trading Nation: Japan and the United States in the Evolving Asia-Pacific Order (Geopolitics in the 21st Century)
- Growth and Development in the Global Political Economy: Modes of Regulation and Social Structures of Accumulation (Routledge Frontiers of Political Economy)
Extra resources for A Study on Globalizing Cities:Theoretical Frameworks and China's Modes
A Study on Globalizing Cities:Theoretical Frameworks and China's Modes by Zhenhua Zhou